Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Blooms

A tiny poppy bloom in a very dry patch of the backyard.

 Gardenias blooming in a pot I planted in the ground.  The buried pot helps to keep the plant moist.

 The Cactus is blooming.  I am gradually replacing this prickly form of cactus with the non prickly form.

 Good old Hesperloe.  They never disappoint.

My poor peony.  I had a bloom bud for the first time last year that did not fully open.  This year's bloom was bigger but still did not fully open before the petals fell off.  Maybe next year will be successful. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann. I'm visiting from blotanical but already am followoing you. I really like your blog. Love the last photo and the cute note about the deer. :) I'll be back, come on by.
    http://sunraygardening.blogspot.com/
    Cher
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete