Monday, April 18, 2011

April Winds





Today is the first day of my blog and I'm sad to see my garden shrivel before my eyes.  Will the wind never stop?  Almost 7 months without significant rain.  Still there is plenty of green along the pathway from the back patio toward the back of the property.

I love the verbena with the Iris.  This patch has tripled in size in 2 years.

The kitchen garden.  More wildflowers here than veggies.


Bluebonnets and Hymenoxys


Can you spot the upside-down cactus in the tall oak?

The deer just LOVE my place.  Here they are congregating across the street and discussing what plants they want to attack in my front yard.

1 comment:

  1. These deer are seriously in your front yard? I've never seen so many in one place. Hope they aren't destroying your garden!

    ReplyDelete