Monday, March 2, 2015

On the verge of Spring

The trees, shrubs, annuals and perennials are just on the verge of blooming.  If we had a few warm sunny days I'm sure I'd have a riot of color.  But I'm not in a hurry for hot weather.  it has been so overcast and drizzly for days on end that I've spent most of my time indoors.

I took a few pics of some bloomers to show you.

The Quince has outdone itself this year.  It has bloomed heavily for weeks now.

Quince blooms.

Primrose Jasmine is blooming heavier since I took this photo.


The Bells of Ireland are over a foot tall already.

The Sandankwa Viburnum is covered in blooms.

These are little hyacinthoides.  Couldn't resist picking a bouquet for my bedroom.  In the garden they are in a fairly shady area and the leaves are lying on the ground with the little blooms upright.  I should have taken a pic of them in the garden. They are really tiny.

A variegated lemon blossom.  I brought 2 citrus inside the house.  This one and a kumquat get some light from the south facing large window in the kitchen.  Outside tucked away in a corner of the house by the utility room door I have 2 more lemons, a satsuma, and a lime tree.  They seem to be doing well outside and the 2 lemons have many flower buds.

The lemon and the kumquat are cozy in the kitchen corner.  The Window behind them is on the east side and the south window is on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment